Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another HUH?

I had a crazy thought this morning. Thinking of areas that I could fit a new business into, which came while I watched the "drycleaning delivery" van pick up and drop off dry cleaning to peoples houses. Where might there be a niche to supply me with job opportunities? I thought of all the areas people utilize others to perform tasks they could, but don't, do for themselves. Well: cleaning ladies; dog walkers; poop picker uppers; handyman services; day care; nannies; personnel shoppers. You name it every area of our lives has someone who will do that chore for us. Even so far as hiring someone to have our babies. The only activity performed by someone else for us, that isn't legal, is sex. We cannot hire someone to have sex with without it being a prosecutable offense. Funny huh? I wonder what that says about our culture. History tells us that it used to be a common custom. Sarah hired a handmaiden for Abraham...in the bible for goodness sake. I'll bet she even had a personnel shopper.
Just something that crossed my mind.

1 comment:

  1. How about green careers?

    http://www.iel.spokane.edu/LNB/Business---Community-Training/For-business/Green-building/Free-Class.aspx

    ReplyDelete